Re: [ARSCLIST] 78-L, was [ARSCLIST] obituary - Franz Jolowicz, Discophile NYC

78-L still bears more than a passing resemblance to the Knesset some days, and there's a
lot less discussion of classical content than some would like, but I still find it one
of the fastest tools for getting answers to questions about personnel on records,
recording dates and issue numbers and a wide range of other related information. More
recently, members have been encouraged to highlight rants and rambles with a ^ in the
subject line as a warning that off-topic material or smart alecky answers may be at hand
(and half the time, the answers that follow bring the discussion back into the fold,
even if nobody remembers to remove the carat from subsequent message headers).

Issues pertinent to ARSClist such as copyrights are among the common topics on 78-L,
along with battles over the effectiveness of certain discographies and certain online
repositories of knowledge. And I've generally found the ARSC Journal to place far more
emphasis on recordings, discographies, reviews and books than on the technical side of
things, although preservation and storage are also prime topics.

See you in Seattle...I may have to use my Amex points to get there.

dl