Re: [ARSCLIST] original sequence of two Verve records

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> It's one in the same guy, but there are other contributors to
jazzdisco.org.
> Like I said, he's a nice guy as judged by our e-mail correspondence, so
I'm
> willing to cut him a lot of slack for at least putting this gigantic
amount
> of info online. His sources for wrong info in the jazzdisco.org sites are
> usually published discographies like that multi-book Mercury one. And,
I'll
> not lay all the blame on the discography authors and publishers because I
> think most myths and mistakes are due to misinterpretation of sketchy,
> disorganized or incomplete company records. Think of it this way -- what
if
> 24 tracks and months of sessions were the norm during the great days of
jazz
> (or course, I'd bet they wouldn't have been so great in that case!).
Imagine
> the reems of session documents to be lost!
One of the basic inevitabilities in discography is the fact that any
error(s)
made in the first available documentation of a specific body of recordings
will be accepted as gospel truth and repeated in subsequent discographic
works...while later corrections, even if accurate, will often be
forgotten or ignored!