Re: [ARSCLIST] Storing Mini-Discs

Thanks. One reason they did that was they were orignating on MD (and CDR) and another was that they were syndicated and the "network" online format was MD. They wouldn't have done it for only the tertiary reason!

Your reasoning is very sound, and I wasn't questioning that.

Deeper question: how are gold CDRs more archival? They still use chemicals for the coding, so is it just the better reflectivity? And I am unfamiliar with the term MAM-A. Pardon if this is too elementary, but I am here to learn as long as it doesn't bother the real archivists! I'm small time myself compared to many of you... If I need to brush up on basics just send me there and I'll be quiet!

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689