Re: [ARSCLIST] Storing Mini-Discs

At 04:34 PM 10/13/2005, you wrote:
I have a substantial number of mini-discs (original recordings of oral history interviews) and am trying to figure out the best way to store them. I can't seem to find any appropriately sized archival boxes and am hesitant (for a number of reasons) to simply use plastic containers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Digitally transfer them to two CD-Rs and store the CD-Rs. Or better yet, if you have a managed digital archive that can accept them, store them in that.

I don't think many of us think that MDs are archival. I wouldn't worry about an archival box for a medium that probably isn't archival. I don't think we can expect the long-term availability of MD players as compared to CD players.

Good luck!

Richard

Richard L. Hess richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/