Re: [ARSCLIST] CF or microdrive?

When I went to digital photography in the spring of 2003, I could not bring myself to consider microdrives for that application, and bought, at that time, two 1G flash cards. I now have a pair of near-obsolete Nikon D100s and four 1GB flash cards. I still don't own a microdrive. I don't see the advantage. I'd rather transfer the CF contents to two laptop-sized disk drives than trust the microdrive with the only copy of anything.

Remember, I'm the one who believes in redundancy.

I've had flash memory now for about 10-12 years, starting with a PCMCIA card 5MB for my HP-100LX palmtop and it's been fine.

I don't think I'd recommend microdrives for field recording, either. 4GB flash cards are now available.

Cheers,

Richard