Re: [ARSCLIST] Pricing structures

Please don't take this offlist! It would be a valuable discussion. I am a professional audio engineer with aminor sideline in restoration, based on keeping my old archives alive - so how to price it for the occasional client would be very valuable here.

For the record, I charge my usual hourly rate, and estimate it high enough to allow for a few troublesome projects and a majority of them routine. Like if I had 60 hours of material, I'd estimate it around 75 hours, roughly. But if I had to make five passes to get one of them, it would cost the client... And also do job prices, when needed to fit something like the grant situation.

I am curious how the real restoration people estimate and charge for services.

Lou