Re: [ARSCLIST] A fundamental Flaw: Was Sampling Theory (was Fred Layn's post on the Studer list re: Quantegy)

So, as long as the purpose of recording is to create an artificial
experience instead of recreating the original sound, it will be pointless to
compare recordings to original performances or expect realistic results ;
they are purposely different.