Re: [ARSCLIST] Wire recorders

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, George Brock-Nannestad wrote:

> So a modification of a tape
> recorder (mainly getting special hubs to interface the non-modern diameter of
> the storage spool), using capstan drive and a slight groove ground into the
> tone head (to prevent wander of the wire) will get you a good signal that
> needs to be speed-increased proportionally to elapsed time. Either you get a
> program to do that in a digital version, or you control the speed
> continuously of the reproduction of the modified tape recorder.

A point which reminds me of a question...are there any such programs out
there which will provide a continuously increasing or decreasing speed
adjustment. It is a problem I have encountered several times. It would
seem that one would need to set a beginning and end point, duration,
starting pitch and ending pitch.  And then, dealing with a tape of a disc
cut off center (the original disc did not survive), the problems are
increased considering the distance the needle travelled with each
revolution...hence, speed of the disc would be a factor, etc.

Any solutions, and/or software recommendations would be most welcome.

Karl