Re: [ARSCLIST] Wire recorders

At 09:09 AM 7/20/2004 -0500, Karl Miller wrote:

A point which reminds me of a question...are there any such programs out
there which will provide a continuously increasing or decreasing speed
adjustment. It is a problem I have encountered several times. It would
seem that one would need to set a beginning and end point, duration,
starting pitch and ending pitch.  And then, dealing with a tape of a disc
cut off center (the original disc did not survive), the problems are
increased considering the distance the needle travelled with each
revolution...hence, speed of the disc would be a factor, etc.

Any solutions, and/or software recommendations would be most welcome.

Adobe Audition offers such a tweak. Effects - Time/Pitch - Bender. I have not used it in my work so cannot be sure what needs to be done for resampling or whether you would need to output to analogue and digitize again.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/