Re: [ARSCLIST] Recording 1 7/8 at 3 3/4

One thought strikes me (keep in mind I have no expertise here!)...
If there is a tape machine available that has 3-3/4 and 7-1/2 speeds,
would it be possible to play the 1-7/8 tape at 3-3/4 on one machine,
thus hearing it a 2x speed, and dub that output onto the second
machine recording at 7-1/2, resulting an a 2x-speed tape playing at
7-1/2...which, when played back at 3-3/4 would be half of twice the
speed, or the proper sound. Is this practical?