[padg] NEDCC questionnaire on statewide preservation

Hello all,

The Northeast Document Conservation Center is working with Pennsylvania’s Office of Commonwealth Libraries to develop a job description for a state-level preservation position.  This position would be responsible for preservation activities statewide, and would serve libraries, archives, local governments, and possibly other organizations.

To begin this process, NEDCC is researching models of similar state-level positions, and has developed a questionnaire for this purpose.  Topics covered in the questionnaire include job responsibilities; sources of funding; enabling legislation; methods of awareness-raising; and determination and attainment of goals.  We’d like to hear from people who are employed by their state for the official purpose of statewide preservation administration, and from people who may be in charge of preservation-focused consortia or non-profits whose scope is statewide.

Please contact me off-list if you would be interested in completing the questionnaire.

With thanks,

Angelina Altobellis

Field Service Representative

Northeast Document Conservation Center