RE: [AV Media Matters] RV: Preservation of Dictaphone Record

I'm not a big fan of the way government spends my money either but
let's remember that much of what we know about preservation comes
directly or indirectly from government support.  Also, governments
(at least ours up here) have to justify their work and find new ways
to make money so that they can REDUCE their dependancy on the
taxpayer.  This is often accomplished by charging direct fees for
service.

They provide research that would never be attempted by the private
sector which business incorporates into their services and charges
the consumer.

Russ M. (Public Employee)