Re: [AV Media Matters] RV: Preservation of Dictaphone Record

I am inclined to agree with Steven here. I do video production, very
similar to audio production and restoration in many ways. Equipment
intensive. I have on occasion faced competition from non-profits who
have state supported salaries, supplies & equipment.  They don't
have to cost justify the quotes they put out. They don't have to
make more money than they take in to survive.

But the biggest kicker for me is that they pay no taxes on their
profits. They get the best of both worlds, at both ends of the dial.
Those of us who don't enjoy exempt status give a large portion of
our profits away to pay for those who do enjoy exemption.

I am glad the moderator allowed the discussion of this subject. I
direct my comments at no individuals but at the industries in
general.

Joe Salerno
Video Works! Is it working for you?
PO Box 273405 - Houston TX 77277-3405