Re: [AV Media Matters] RV: Preservation of Dictaphone Record

There is another issue raided by the Dictation belt question.

The response from NYPL implies that this work is done there for
outside clients in competition with those of us paying unsubsidized
rent, etc.

This, it seems to me, is grossly unfair competition and, I feel,
should be illegal.

I'd appreciate hearing from others with thoughts on this matter.

Moderators Comment:
I am going to allow this post, but just barely. In fact if Steve had not
added the "I'd appreciate hearing from others with thoughts on this matter."
I would not have posted. Comments on individual situations is NOT fair game.
I suspect that there may be other on the list that "moonlight" - how or
where or what equipment anyone uses is not really our business on this
list - our purpose is to discuss AV Media Matters - not competition from Non
Profits. There are several non-profits that "compete" for business in this
field and compete in others as well. So let us not get personal here or I
fear I will not be able to post the comments.

jim