Re: [ARSCLIST] Any good tips to flatten warped 78's?

Hello Charles,

Sunday, June 21, 2009, 10:33:38 PM, you wrote:

> Danger <danger@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>>Remember that glass remains a liquid at all times.

> Highly debatable.  One of my physics professors years ago had done some
> research in this area for Corning.  He was firmly in the ?amorphous solid?
> camp.

> http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/Glass/glass.html

> http://dwb4.unl.edu/Chem/CHEM869A/CHEM869ALinks/www.ualberta.ca/~bderksen/florin.html

> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070809130014.htm

> This is not posted to start a way off-topic discussion!  I simply thought
> that people on this list would likely be interested in the subject. And,
> perhaps, it is relevant to ?glass masters? in recorded sound.

> Chas.
> (Once a physics major, always a physics major...)

> --
> Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet

Having  read  some  of the above studies It seems that no one actually
measured the window glasses in question. If blown by the "crown" or as we call
it the roundel method. It would by nature have a measurable difference
between the bottom thicknesses from edge to edge.

--
Best regards,
 Danger                            mailto:danger@xxxxxxxx