To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Anyone used the Ion/Alesis USB Tape2PC Cassette decks?

At 02:22 PM 2009-02-27, Lou Judson wrote:
Personally, I looked into it (without direct expereince) and decided
that this was a unit good enough to recommend to clients (or
potential clients?) who did not care to invest in professional
transfers.

So, would you recommend it to a very-low-budget small archive to do preservation transfers of their drug-store-cassette-recorder-made tapes of irreplaceable oral traditions (i.e. the participants have died)?

Did you get any feedback from people you suggested it to?

Cheers,

Richard