Re: [ARSCLIST] Aren't recordings original sources?

Mr Johnsen

thanks for the eloquence!

But let someone come along
with the evidently unorthodox view that audio system sound can be similarly
evaluated -- without recourse to "data" -- and suddenly people go all
sarcastic.

Bah, indeed. To straw-man arguments

I can tell the difference, but then I've
had my palate educated.

Someone locally here once told me he'd done a DBT that proved to the 99%
confidence level, that insertion of the ABX box was audible. I chuckled, as
I might hope everyone would.

The placebo effect has a reverse aspect too. People who believe
something *won't* work, can fail to hear it when it does, for that reason.

Dale dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.longrunaudio.com