Re: [ARSCLIST] Aren't recordings original sources?

> M. Rockwell wrote:
>
> I see. So I suppose that $1500 power cord would be applied after rewiring
> your house with gold plated Romex, sockets, switches and gold contact
> fuses/fuse carriers? And how about that awful, noisy step-down transformer
> out on the pole? What are you gonna do about that?

Call the Edison Company?

I know two or three who have.

> Bah.

Bah, indeed. To straw-man arguments!

I can't for the life of me grasp, why a simple listening situation should
arouse such tizzy. A friend who does some excellent restoration work (his
name is known here) does it all by ear. No guages, no meters, no
measurements. Very acceptable to this community. But let someone come along
with the evidently unorthodox view that audio system sound can be similarly
evaluated -- without recourse to "data" -- and suddenly people go all
sarcastic.

Strange.

clark