Re: [ARSCLIST] pinning of oxide to plastic leader - best practice

On Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:58 PM, Richard L. Hess wrote:

> > Also, don't forget to invert the phase of each track.
> >
> I'm not sure I agree with that. The polarity should stay
> the same unlike the head if you flip it which does invert
> polarity. The leading edge of the magnet is still the
> leading edge, but in the case of the head if you flip it,
> the leading edge and trailing edge invert as well as the
> channels. Did I miss something here?

You missed nothing, Richard - 'twas I that mentally flipped
the head rather than the tape.  No need to invert phase,
just channels, as you point out.  Thanks as always.

Eric Jacobs

The Audio Archive, Inc.
tel: 408.221.2128
fax: 408.549.9867