Re: [ARSCLIST] Correction to correction - personnel ID needed

Punto wrote:
David Lennick wrote:
Paul Bowles, Concerto for 2 Pianos, Winds and Percussion, Columbia ML 2128. Gold and Fizdale are the pianists, and I've identified all but the two percussionists in the accompanying group (everybody was listed by first initial only). Anyone know their names?

M(itchell) Miller, Oboe; R(eginald) Kell, clarinet; L(eonard) Schaller, Bass Clarinet; H(arry) Freistadt, Trumpet; E. Bailey & W. Rosenberger, percussion

Thanks
DL

Just checked Howard Shanet "Philharmonic - A History of New York's Orchestra" and I was wrong about being wrong (!?!). In the personnel list for the 1973-74 season, Walter Rosenberger was the principal percussionist and Elden Bailey was one of his colleagues in the section. I know you put W. there as clear as day - I've got to stop posting at 2 in the morning.

Peter

And I'm told that Elden Bailey WAS known as "Buster", according to one source, but seeing as William "Buster" Bailey the clarinetist was about 20 years older and much better known, that one doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

But what does at 2 AM? Time to sign off.

dl