Re: [ARSCLIST] personnel ID needed

David Lennick wrote:
Buster Bailey was a well known clarinetist..you sure that Eldon also went by that moniker?

dl

Punto wrote:
David Lennick wrote:
Paul Bowles, Concerto for 2 Pianos, Winds and Percussion, Columbia ML 2128. Gold and Fizdale are the pianists, and I've identified all but the two percussionists in the accompanying group (everybody was listed by first initial only). Anyone know their names?

M(itchell) Miller, Oboe; R(eginald) Kell, clarinet; L(eonard) Schaller, Bass Clarinet; H(arry) Freistadt, Trumpet; E. Bailey & W. Rosenberger, percussion

Thanks
DL

Eldon "Buster" Bailey, Walter Rosenberger - NY Phil players, I believe.

Regards,

Peter Hirsch

Actually, yes, though I don't know how many people referred to him that way. I know that some of his students did back in my conservatory days. I just checked a print source on the history of the NY Phil and see that he spelled his first name Elden. I'm sure it was just an in joke of some sort.

Peter