Re: [ARSCLIST] vinyl 78's

     True!  I played my Little Golden's & Peter Pan's (which I still have)
on a beloved 78 rpm-only Cecil & Beany suitcase player I'd received for
Christmas & got records for it through the mid-60's (including Red Ravens
which I , unfortunately, defaced with additional pen markings to see how
they'd reflect in the spinning mirror).  The tone-arm & soundbox were much
like plastic versions of those of the floor-model Victrola I later
received  (which replaced the worn-out Cecil & Beany machine & required
standing on a chair for me to access the turntable).  Found the player in
semi-woking condition on hoo-boy some years ago, along with clean copies
of the Red Ravens & a new mirror at pretty steep prices.  The family "big
people's player" was a mono "hi-fi" in a Magnavox b/w TV console, which
became off-limits after my younger brother broke the tone-arm in half
during a squabble with me over what to play.  He had a bad temper even as
a toddler!
Peter Muhr