[ARSCLIST] ARSCers' Night out in S.F.

As I'm giving a presentation on the history of the Jazz Man Record Shop and
Jazz Man record label, I'd like to set up a dinner on one of the nights of the
 ARSC conference at the site of the old Dawn Club in San Francisco, where Lu
Watters' Yerba Buena Jazz Band held court back in the 1940s. The club itself
is  long gone, but there is still a jazz club and restaurant in the same
building  and I thought it would be neat to have a get-together there. The name of
the  club is now Annie's and the address is 20 Annie Street, just south of
Market. If  anyone is interested in doing this, please let me know who you are,
and which  night of the conference you would prefer to go. I'll check to see if
there are  any musical events going on for any of those nights (I would
imagine there would  be).

Transportation can easily be arranged. I'll have a car since I'm driving up
from the L.A. area. However, since parking is often abominably expensive and
difficult to find in San Francisco, we can all probably meet somewhere in
South  S.F. and take BART into the City, since the club is within  easy walking
distance (less than 1/2 mile)  of the Montgomery St.  station along Market
Street. I'd be happy to transport three people to the BART  station with me. Here's
a map:

_http://www.bart.gov/stations/stationGuide/directionsResults_MONTG.asp?address
=20+Annie+St%2E&city=San+Francisco&dir=to&map=yes_
(http://www.bart.gov/stations/stationGuide/directionsResults_MONTG.asp?address=20+Annie+St.&city=San+Fran
cisco&dir=to&map=yes)

Cary Ginell
Origin Jazz Library