From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 2:28 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Sampling and bit rates, was 78 Listening tests

And all this time I thought it was because of my aged hearing that I
couldn't tell the audible differences among the higher resolutions.

It would seem, then, that the only reason to use greater word lengths is
to give processors an easier working environment.  I can hear
significant diffrences between 16 and 24 bit work, and that's not a
function of age or wishful thinking.

Why use greater sampling rates?

Steve Smolian