Re: [ARSCLIST] Sampling and bit rates, was 78 Listening tests

I think that these "subtle interactions" are intermodulation distortion.
Faithful reproduction requires zero harmonic and intermod distortion, but
these are always present to different degrees. Also, equipment may specify
distortion at frequencies well within the audible range, but can degrade
rather badly at very high and very low frequencies when very low distortion
depends on frequency dependent feedback.

Best to omit content at such uncontrolled frequencies.

Jerry Hartke
Media Sciences, Inc.