Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio (?!)

-----Original Message-----
>From Tom Fine: "... Much smarter and cost-effective in many cases to
out-source this work to properly-equipped and skilled experts and then they
can specialize in digital storage, digital cataloging/access issues and
creating a great, user-friendly "front door" for your clientele..."

The problem as I understand it is that it's dramatically easier to get
grants for equipment than it is for skilled labor or outsourcing to experts.

I've also got to bring up the effect of the sonic train wreck that most
contemporary live music presentations are subjected to today compared to
when I was growing up in the late 1950s. PA systems are better but not
nearly as good as no PA or PA for just the vocals used to be. There was
musical life before the Shure Vocal Master and it frequently sounded pretty
darned good!

We now have several generations that view music merely as being fashion. The
mindless application of excessive audio technology to live music can't be
helping the younger generation experience the substance of music. We are
asking them to value fidelity to a sound of music that they have never
experienced.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com