Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Friedman" <hsf318@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To anyone who is listening out there, the original question seems to have been
warped a bit.  The question was, what single recordings have spanned from
cylinder through acoustic, through electric 78 through LP to CD?  But I see some

Well, the easy answer to this would be Caruso's earliest recordings on
cylinder...which were extensively reissued because they were effectively
p.d. (showing up on 5" vertical Emerson, among others) and are probably
still available on CD...?

However, there MAY have been Amberol cylinders which were simultaneously
issued on "needle-cut" lateral Edison discs...and I suspect, given the
number of reissue CD's (including those NOT on major labels...?!), it
is very likely that one or more of such recordings were reissued on
both LP and, later, CD...?!