Re: [ARSCLIST] Damaged Tapes

Mew, Peter wrote:
Thanks to everyone who replied and to those who still might

These tape are definitley no suffering from "Sticky Shed" We know how to
deal with that and have our own ovens for the purpose
This is something new to me
I might give the" try and get signal back from the oxide on the leader,
and add that to the original" approach, to get back the really badly
damaged bits

Cheers

-pm

I wish I could help with a solution, but all I can do is report the same problem and my inability to solve it. The tape was Kodak - a company which I believe did not reenter the field after this 1960s debacle with binder adhering to the wrong side of the early mylar. I had splurged on Kodak, considered a premium brand at reasonable price, but fortunately only for a few boxes given my limited means.

Unfortunately, even if a solution should appear today it would not save the discarded recordings.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/