Re: [ARSCLIST] ^ Early DG 78s/History

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Sohn" <mahatma57@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >I can't write the whole mess up, but the dogless horn trademark was used
> >immediately after WWI when DGG was prhibited from using the horn/dog
> >trademark.
> >

> "The Dogless Horns" Now there's a great band name. I hope nobody will sue me
> for copyright infringement if I use it...

Which, in turn, suggests "The Hornless Dogs"...another great "nom du
musique" for a latter-day rock band...?! "Dogless Horns" would, of
course, inherently compete with "The Muscle Shoals Horns" of Soul-
Music fame...?!

However, as advances in MIDI technology render human-populated
"horn sections" increasingly obsolete...one wonders how long it
will be before our streets are crowded with digitally-replaced
saxophone/brass players bearing signs reading "Spare Change,
Or Gigs Playing <wotever>?!"

Steven C. Barr
(who is waiting for the development of the "digital harmonica"...?!)