To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Dolby B, et al and now ANRS

Peter,

If you had a broken ANRS deck if the circuitry still worked or could be salvaged you could wire it as an external processor as long as you took care with levels, etc. Might take some reverse engineering, but that is one way to go.

I did a quick Google search and some claims about Dolby compatibility are floating around, but other claims of it sounding better than Dolby doesn't make sense. I didn't find anything definitive. YICK another NR system to factor in. That increases the permutations by some number around 100!

Cheers,

Richard