[ARSCLIST] Dolby B, et al and now ANRS

I had a JVC portable (sort of an audiophile boombox with built in speaker) deck for years that featured ANRS (I believe it stood either for Automatic [or Audio] Noise Reduction System) and SUPER ANRS. Unfortunately, one has to say, many of my cassettes outlived the deck which died sometime in the late seventies or early eighties. They are still playable and don't sound too bad, but I do wonder how what I am hearing differs from what it would sound like on an ANRS machine.

Anyone else remember this noise reduction format (or the machines that used it, for that matter)? Anyone know how to simulate it?

Peter Hirsch

Don't forget, we have: Dolby A, SR, B, C, S dbx I, II Telcom C4, Nakamichi High Com II Burwen companding in one or two flavours