[ARSCLIST] Further on Studer A-80 layback deck

I've had quite a few inquiries off-list. One central question -- what speeds. I'm not positive about this but I think these decks run nominally 9.5IPS, same as C-format 1" videotape onto which they lay back the audio tracks. Now, I don't know any details about Studer motors, so I have no idea what's involved with making this deck run at 15IPS or 30IPS or whatever. You're probably buying for parts, like a set of 1" guides and a 1" headblock.

Also, asking price is $700, which is the market value for a complete parts-donor Studer A-80. Location is northern NJ. The machine is not filthy or rodent-eaten, it's been covered and stored in a storage locker. As I said previously, you need to replace the rubber pinchroller.

Please ping off-list if serious interest.

-- Tom Fine