Re: [ARSCLIST] Concertapes -- what became of it?

At 11:42 PM 2007-10-11, Steven C. Barr wrote:

Well, near as I recall, "Concertape" was a brand name used for "Radio Shack"

I think the stuff in the white boxes (at least south of the border) was called Concert Tape (not concatenated) and it was just a fancy "white box" tape of varying quality as I recall.

(now "Circuit City" here in
frozen Canuckistan, since the term "radio shack" was related to a much earlier era in ham radio, when one
"borrowed" both the UX-245's out of the household radio in order to build an up-to-date transmitter...!)

As I understand the change, the people in Barrie who had the Canadian license to use the name/logo "Radio Shack" lost that right (refused to renew/whatever) so they ended up being bought out by the U.S. Circuit City (or they lost it because they were bought out as I said whatever) and at least the last time I looked, it was called "The Source by Circuit City"

And FROZEN? Canuckistan???? I thought we were having a very very warm October or is the weather much colder where you are than in Aurora? Last night was the first cold night -- I think it got down to 3 C.

Cheers,

Richard