Re: [ARSCLIST] Seeking sticky shed tape

Hoo boy can I send you samples! Back coated as well as the smooth-backed stuff that Ampex put out under its own name and Shamrock..I've been holding on to some usable (junkable) reels of this stuff for when the subject was raised last year by another member who has gone off-list.

dl

Sarah Norris wrote:
I am a student at the Kilgarlin Center at the University of Texas, and I am designing a research project to study sticky shed syndrome in audio tape. I am seeking open reel tape samples that exhibit the symptoms of sticky shed syndrome to use in my work. The tape will undergo destructive testing, so this must be scrap material. I would very much appreciate any tape you are able to donate or any ideas you might have about finding this material.

Thank you,
  Sarah Norris