From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of KEYLON, ASHLIE
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:03 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Advice needed on audio cassette cases

Dear Collective Wisdom,

Does anyone know if audio cassette cases are archivally safe? I'm not
meaning archival storage boxes for multiple cassettes---I mean the hard
(or sometimes soft) plastic cassette housing cases.

We have a special collection (recently donated to us) of hundreds of
cassettes in which the plastic cases are broken and need replacing. My
colleague, who processed this collection, is suggesting we purchase
Norelco soft poly boxes. You can see them <a
href=http://www.tapes.com/index.php?cPath=199_200_201&osCsid=fc1a3eccca0
c987077b618dd874bc423> here</a>.

What do you use? Is there any archival information on these cases?

Thank you,
Ashlie Conway
Ashlie_conway@xxxxxxxxx