[ARSCLIST] Advice needed on audio cassette cases

Dear Collective Wisdom,

Does anyone know if audio cassette cases are archivally safe? I?m not meaning archival storage boxes for multiple cassettes---I mean the hard (or sometimes soft) plastic cassette housing cases.

We have a special collection (recently donated to us) of hundreds of cassettes in which the plastic cases are broken and need replacing. My colleague, who processed this collection, is suggesting we purchase Norelco soft poly boxes. You can see them <a href=http://www.tapes.com/index.php?cPath=199_200_201&osCsid=fc1a3eccca0c987077b618dd874bc423> here</a>.

What do you use? Is there any archival information on these cases?

Thank you,
Ashlie Conway
Ashlie_conway@xxxxxxxxx