Re: [ARSCLIST] Supplies for transporting LP collections

In a message dated 8/28/2007 10:15:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
smolians@xxxxxxxxx writes:

One  group, inside size 12 x 12, is too small.  Another, 12.5 x 12.5 x 16 or
so, is perfect but holds 80-100 records- gatefolds vs thin sleeve imports.
See the U-Line site and/or catalog.

U-Line or Bags Unlimited (or some other suppliers) might be best for
institutions.  For one needy collector (me) I discovered the perfect source  for the
12.5x12.5x12.5 box: my local hospital's dialysis department.  It  receives
daily numerous cartons of saline solution in just such boxes, which are
routinely thrown (recycled?) away.  I asked the unit to flatten them and  save them
for me, and weekly I'd pick them up.  After a few month's time I  had
accumulated enough for my sizeable LP collection.

Don Chichester