Re: [ARSCLIST] blooper samples?

According to Snopes, a version of the Harry von Zell/Hoobert Heever blooper did actually occur, but the recording on the Kermit Schafer albums is a later recreation:

"[T]he incident might have faded into obscurity had not Kermit Schafer fabricated a "genuine recording" of the more sensational version for his "Pardon My Blooper" album, thus (as he did with Uncle Don) convincing whole generations of listeners that an apocryphal blooper had occurred exactly the way he presented it -- and there is no convincing Schafer's listeners otherwise now, for they insist they've heard an "actual recording" of it."

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/radio/vonzell.asp

Arthur Gaer
gaer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx