Re: [ARSCLIST] blooper samples?

Michael Erard wrote:
I am going to be interviewed by the NPR radio show "On the Media," and today the producer surprised me with a request for recorded "bloopers" of note -- the first time X, the biggest X, the most famous X, that sort of thing. I already have Edison's "Around the world on the phonograph" file.

If anyone has other sound file examples to pass along, I'd appreciate it. This is a rush request. I apologize for that, but the producer just asked for illustrations.

Would you be good enough to define "blooper" for this assignment? Usually, it refers to embarassing text; with that definition, Art Likletter's series of "Kids say the darnedest things" (sp?) would qualify. Musical errors, such as Richard Crooks cracking a note and reacting (on disc) with "G__ damn it!", would be more fitting, though of course that's not in commercial distribution. A characteristic musical blooper such as a badly cracked note or late entry or singer getting lost in the text may require some understanding of what belongs.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/