Re: [ARSCLIST] Record Business vs. Music Business: The Shakeout Continues.

On 21 maj 2007, at 03.43, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

The tragedy is that the recording industry wants to recreate the US
concept of "eternity plus a century or two" copyright to every land
which might be able...now or at some future date...to press reissue
CD's (or mass-burn CD-R's...!). This basically guarantees that 99.9%
of our sound-recorded history will forever go unheard...the industry
won't reissue it, since it won't guarantee the mega-profits they
dimly recall (and want back again...?!) BUT, they won't allow anyone
else to reissue it for fear of "establishing a precedent"...!

Is Canada following down that same route :) Else maybe my secondary idea of a postal "sneaker net" might be the least problematical way.

Rgds

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.
040 738 5292 / +358 40 738 5292

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"