Re: [ARSCLIST] Record Business vs. Music Business: The Shakeout Continues.

On 17 maj 2007, at 15.41, Karl Miller wrote:

Let me know how much money you would need to start up such a service. Assuming such a site would be subject to the European copyrights, I have plenty of broadcast material, still covered by US copyrights, that I would be happy to make available at no charge.

Hi... seems that (according to some off list) mail Finland might be tightening up its rules as well as the EU at large. I think the whole legal side needs to be examined as obviously the broader audience as possible amongst collectors who can contribute material is desirable, but if one takes a risk just because a U.S. user can get the material and thus bring the house of cards down if someone wanted to prove a point. Are the laws any clearer in Canada :)

Darren

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"