Re: [ARSCLIST] Met Opera Record Club

David Lennick wrote:
I neglected to identify David Hamilton as the author of the note telling us that the Met has little claim to those BOMC recordings. Meanwhile, my original questions (apart from RCA issuing a couple of those sets commercially) linger. Were these albums ever sold in stores or issued overseas? There's an "Otello" highlights album with Steber, Vinay and Cleva conducting, on Philips ABL 3005. I have no equivalent Columbia version turning up in Schwann..I wonder if this might have been from the Met series.

Several years back, I put the MORC sets onto a CD-ROM, had 400 copies made and gave them all away. While the following is the full list, please recognize that while some are complete or nearly complete, others are brutally abbreviated - Nozze gets a single disc!

Bizet: Carmen
Donizetti: Don Pasquale
Giordano: Andrea Chénier
Humperdinck: Hänsel und Gretel