Re: [ARSCLIST] Met Opera Record Club

Right, I found it in a 1956 Schwann. It had been deleted by '58. ML 4499 (which puts it around 1952). Apparently issued on Philips in 1957, so I was looking for it as a later recording.

dl

Steven Smolian wrote:
This Otello did come on Columbia ML. Had a light blue and white cover. I don't recall the number.

I think I have their monthly offering leaflets in my files if anyone needs them.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 11:15 PM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Met Opera Record Club

There's an "Otello" highlights album with Steber, Vinay and Cleva conducting, on Philips ABL 3005. I have no equivalent Columbia version turning up in Schwann..I wonder if this might have been from the Met series.

dl