Re: [ARSCLIST] Met Opera Record Club

David Lennick wrote:
What can anyone tell me about the albums produced in the 50s by Book Of The Month as "Metropolitan Opera Record Club"? Were they ever sold in stores, or available only by mail order? Were they issued in the UK or Europe? Were any of them derived from commercial recordings? Are the rights still held by the Met or Book Of The Month?

They were not derived from commercial release but some were released commercially by RCA. My understanding is that rights are retained by the Met, which has issued a sort of anthology. I was told that they no longer had masters or even good copies of the audio in some cases, but understand that the digitization - as far as it goes - is quite good.

http://www.metoperafamily.org/shop/display.aspx?ID=10062&CatID=20

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx