Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSCLIST Digest - NAB vs. DIN recordings

Hi Tom,
Sorry about my late posting, due to the Digest mode I prefer. Yes, we did digitize a large part of the Sonet jazz and blues catalog. We even had a visit from producer Sam Charters! We meaning the company I worked for then, DCM now merged with Danish SDC and Tocano into Dicentia.

I saw your query in an earlier posting and I still can't figure out why Universal does this. They seem to have taken great responsability about their old masters, having them digitized and thoroughly cataloged, and sometimes re-issued. But when it comes to marketing, well, maybe that's another department and another bag of money.

And No Steven, the recordings were mostly done in the 1970's and not likely in the p.d.

Tommy
--

Tommy Sjöberg
The Centre for Swedish Folk Music and Jazz Research