Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSCLIST Digest - NAB vs. DIN recordings

On 27/03/07, Tommy Sjoberg wrote:

> Hi Tom,
> Sorry about my late posting, due to the Digest
> mode I prefer. Yes, we did digitize a large part
> of the Sonet jazz and blues catalog. We even had
> a visit from producer Sam Charters! We meaning
> the company I worked for then, DCM now merged
> with Danish SDC and Tocano into Dicentia.
>
> I saw your query in an earlier posting and I
> still can't figure out why Universal does this.
> They seem to have taken great responsability
> about their old masters, having them digitized
> and thoroughly cataloged, and sometimes
> re-issued. But when it comes to marketing, well,
> maybe that's another department and another bag
> of money.

That applies to Sony and EMI too.

Probably the marketing people are not themselves interested in reissues
of historic material, so cannot believe that the customers might be.
Even marketing must need some degree of personal commitment to be done
well.

Regards
--
Don Cox