Re: [ARSCLIST] Hard disk drives and DAT

Well stated, Andy.

This is precisely the topic to be addressed in the ARSC Technical
Committee's session on Thursday at the conference in Milwaukee:

SMALL SCALE AUDIO PRESERVATION STORAGE AND MANAGEMENT - ISSUES &
SOLUTIONS

Andy Kolovos, "The Best-You-Can-With-What-You-Have Practices:
Digital Audio Preservation in a Small Non-Profit Institution. "

Adrian Cosentini, "The Bits That Bite at the New York Philharmonic:
The Long-Term Storage Conundrum. "

John Spencer, "The Transitional Repository-A Safety Net for Small
Digital
Preservation Projects."

Comments by respondent Jon Dunn.

We are not promising foolproof answers at this stage, but we will frame
questions and brainstorm some possible solutions, and are thinking that
this may be an ongoing project for the ARSC TC. Hope to see some of you
who are interested in this topic at the conference.

Mike

Mike Casey
Associate Director for Recording Services
Archives of Traditional Music
Indiana University

(812)855-8090

Co-chair, ARSC Technical Committee