Re: [ARSCLIST] Whacky-Packia outed for what it is -- Amateur Hour in Siberia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Palmer" <vdalhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Steven ,
>     I disagree.  There are publications that are probably totally accurate
> in their major facts but certainly have typos and minor errors.  As a person
> who spent years researching a lot of erroneous material, I can assure you
> that some things are as accurate as possible.  Jack

Well, having been deeply involved in discographic research for over three
decades, and having compiled a standard reference work in that field...I
disagree with your disagreement! First, there exists NO reference work...
paper, digital, whatever...that contains (1) ALL the facts regarding its
subject...and (2) presents those facts with absolute accuracy! You even
admit to "typos and minor errors"...and any/all of these represent
variances from actual facts!

Further, ANY reference work should...in fact, MUST...be subtitled
"Insofar as is currently known!" There is always, lurking somewhere
just out of sight, that as-yet-unexamined source which will provide
newer and more accurate data, as well as blowing previous works on
the subject into a cocked hat!

Even "official documents" usually represent NOT the actual facts, but
the facts as reinterpreted and/or altered to substantiate whatever
the writer was trying to have his/her/its superiors believe had
happened!