To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "CD ripper changer"?

--- Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you ever whip one up, please let me know. My own experience with
audio and Linux has been underwhelming.

I think last time I converted a wav file to mp3 I did use lame. It's been a while. I'll have to go back through my shell history. :-) There are still relatively few audio editing and effects tools for linux, but it is pretty simple to extract audio from CDs as wav files and convert it to mp3s. I won't promise anything soon, but the weather is suppoed to be pretty crummy this weekend so maybe I'll end up doing that rather than cleaning up the yard.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/