Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape transport gentleness was delicacy WAS reel choices was help in fair pricing of reel to reel machines

Hi Richard

It is true that the Isopropyl Drip machine - Mark II was adapted to a Studer
B67.  It made sense to do this as most of the recordings of the era of LOL &
SSS had been made on the B67's, which were in abundance.  But many other
preservation transfers were done using the latest Studers at that time, such
as the 810 and some newer ones which I can't remember offhand.

Cheers
Kiwi

Marie O'Connell
Sound Archivist/Audio Engineer/Sound Consultant
3017 Nebraska Avenue
Santa Monica, CA, 90404
Ph: 310-453-1615
Fax: 310-453-1715